- Government relaxes triple-lock rules due to distortions caused by the pandemic.
- HMRC postpones MTD ITSA and basis period reforms after listening to concerns.
- Opposition would increase digital services tax to fund the move.
- Monthly borrowing remains above pre-pandemic levels.
- Basis period reform also delayed to at least 2024.
- New paper stops short of recommending tax year change.
- Calls for rates reform ahead of Government review.
- Call for evidence into basis period reform launched.
- £280m may have been paid unnecessarily in 2018/19.
- HMRC misses out on £35bn in uncollected taxes.